Our client, one of the top 10 largest bank, by assets, in North America, is seeking a contract senior developer with deep knowledge of front-end and some full-stack/python experience.
Do you have the experience we’re looking for below?
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Leads / conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve the organization’s processes & systems.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the organization, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Leads ongoing peer coaching and idea sharing.
- Ensures SEO, Accessibility frontend development best practices are implemented on all components and templates.
- Ensures web analytics specifications are implemented for tracking and reporting
- Generally 4-7 years of work experience in an agile digital product development environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Advanced level of knowledge in digital full stack development, including:
- HTML5, CSS and a CSS pre-processor such as SASS or LESS
- web accessibility and full understanding of WCAG 2.0 and AODA requirements
- technical implementation requirements for web analytics and SEO
- DevOps tooling (implementation and operations)
- Test Driven Development (TDD), Object-Oriented programming (OOP)
- SOAP and REST services
- Hands-on experience with front-end and integrated test automation technologies
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in .
- Experience authoring detailed technical requirement documents and solution design documentation.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and implement frontend development solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams toward task completion
- Strong data modeling skills including data model documentation
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience with headless architecture for content and UI
- Experience in content/experience management platforms and practices
- Experience building and implementing automation frameworks
- Paired Programming experience
Desired Personality Attributes:
- Positive, energetic and a can-do attitude with the ability to work amiably in an agile team
- Desire and ability to learn and improve on an ongoing basis
- Proactive and takes ownership of the product and their role
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must